اسبها برای دوبی بازاريابی می کنند

♘امیرحسین♞

♘ مدیریت انجمن اسب ایران ♞
مسابقات جام جهانی اسبدوانی دوبی هميشه بزرگترين رويداد اجتماعی سال در اين شيخ نشين و شايد تمام شيخ نشين های خليج فارس است و دهمين دوره اين تورنمنت که با پيروزی اسب Roses in May خاتمه يافت، مستثنی نبود.

امسال مجموعا ۲۰۰ اسب از ۲۰ کشور جهان به دوبی آمده بودند و در نهايت اين اسب آمريکايی "رزهای ماه مه" بود که با پيمودن مسير دو هزار متری اين ميدان، صاحب خود را برنده جايزه ای شش ميليون دلاری (به عبارتی سه هزار دلار برای هر متر) کرد.

تمام بخشهای جامعه دبی در اين رويداد اسبدوانی که مجموه جوايزش به بيش از ۱۵ ميليون دلار بالغ می شود، حضور دارند. در ميدان بيابانی اين تورنمنت که در ۱۵ کيلومتری اين شهر امارات واقع شده است، دشداشه های سفيد رنگ مردان سودانی با کلاه های رنگارنگ زنان غربی تضاد آشکار داشت.

کارگران جنوب آسيا که در طول هفته در پروژه های عمرانی دوبی کار کرده اند، از روی سکوی تماشاگران ناظر اين مسابقات بودند و جايگاه های ويژه بالای سرشان که مخصوص مديران شرکتهاست، لبريز از شامپاين بود.

هيچ کسی حاضر نيست فاش کند هزينه برگزاری اين مسابقات که شامل انتقال اسبها از سراسر جهان می شود، چقدر است. ورود و پارکينگ برای همه رايگان است و برای همين است که کارگران و خانواده هايشان می توانند در کنار دوستداران ثروتمند اسب سواری به تفريح بپردازند.

در حاشيه اين تورنمنت که هواپيمايی امارات حامی مالی اش است، زنان همچنين برای کسب عنوان خوشپوش ترين زن به رقابت می پردازند و لباسهای بلند و کلاه های رنگين خود را به رخ می کشند.

قماربازی در امارات غيرقانونی است، ولی تماشاگران مسابقات اسبدوانی ترغيب می شوند در رقابت پيشگويی نتيجه شرکت کنند و بخت خود را برای گرفتن جايزه ۲۵ هزار دلاری محک بزنند.
از همين رو، بنگاه های شرط بندی، جام جهانی اسبدوانی دوبی را از نظر درآمدزايی همسطح مسابقات بزرگ بريتانيا و هنگ کنگ می دانند. همچنين جوايز غيرنقدی ازجمله اتومبيلهای مجلل مانند رولزرويس به آنها اعطا می شود.

اين تورنمنت از زمان آغازش بسيار رشد کرده و اکنون بهترين سوارکاران دنيا با اسبهايشان در آن به رقابت می پردازند. در ساليان اخير، آمريکايی ها فاتح بی رقيب اين مسابقات بوده اند.

جام جهانی اسبدوانی به عنوان راهی برای ارتقای وجهه بين المللی دوبی جهت جذب گردشگر و افزايش جذب سرمايه گذاری طراحی شده بود. رشد محبوبيت اين مسابقات به موازات رشد اقتصادی اين شيخ نشين سريع بوده و کارشناسان معتقدند اين تورنمنت معتبر اسبدوانی در موفقيت اقتصادی دوبی موثر بوده است.

مت هووارد، سخنگوی اين مسابقات می گويد: "اين رويداد اساسا ابزاری جهت بازاريابی برای دوبی است."

پیوست ها

• roses in may.jpg
    roses in may.jpg
    10.1 کیلوبایت · بازدیدها: 30

♘امیرحسین♞

Roses in May takes the Dubai World Cup

Roses in May justified his favouritism by landing the world's richest race, the US$6,000,000 Dubai World Cup (Gr.I), sponsored by Emirates Airline, by a convincing three lengths over 2,000 metres at Nad Al Sheba on Saturday evening. Roses in May became the 43rd international winner of the 2005 Dubai International Racing Carnival, which began on January 20th and culminated with the world's richest racemeeting on Saturday. A total of 200 horses from 20 countries and representing 79 trainers came to Dubai to compete in the Carnival for a total of US$25,000,000 in prize-money.

Roses in May was in fifth place early with the field being taken along by the Mike de Kock-trained Yard-Arm. Roses in May, trained by Dale Romans and ridden by John Velazquez, came around the outside and took the lead into the straight and from that moment on there was no looking back.
Dynever, trained by Christophe Clement and ridden by Jose Santos, came with a late burst of speed to take second from the Jeff Mullins-trained Choctaw Nation, the mount of Victor Espinoza. Gerard Butler's Jack Sullivan ran the race of his life under Darryll Holland to take fourth ahead of the Dick Mandella-trained Congrats.

Winning trainer Dale Romans, "I thought the only way we could get beat was if we had some bad luck, I wanted to take the race to them, I knew he had the stamina and that no one else could catch him. I hope I can bring him back here next year, I love this nation."

Winning owner Ken Ramsey said, "I feel like I have climbed a mountain tonight. We knew our horse had so much stamina that if they wanted to run with him early they were not going to last "

Dubai Duty Free (Gr.I), sponsored by Dubai Duty Free

Australia celebrated their first winner in Dubai when the Tony Vasil-trained Elvstroem made all to win the US$2,000,000 Dubai Duty Free (Gr.I), sponsored by Dubai Duty Free, over 1,777 metres on the turf.

Partnered by Nash Rawiller, Elvstroem, set a steady pace with Whilly, trained by American Doug O'Neill, tracking in second. Elvstroem went clear 400 metres out and stayed on to win by two and three quarter lengths from Whilly with last year's Dubai Duty Free (Gr.I) winner Right Approach in third.

Vasil said, "Great feeling to come all this way and have a win. It was a 17 ½ hour trip and he lost a bit of weight, but he has been here a week and has slowly picked up. To come all this way and win is a thrill. If ever there was a horse to come all this way with it is him. He has a wonderful temperament and easy going, he takes it all in his stride. He has done Australia proud. We could look at the Lockinge Stakes in Britain in May and then perhaps Royal Ascot, we will take each race as it comes."

Rawiller said, "My confidence grew before the race and he jumped well, it would have taken a great horse to have beaten him."

Dubai Golden Shaheen (Gr.I), sponsored by Gulf News

Saratoga County, trained in America by George Weaver and ridden by Javier Castellano, landed the world's richest sprint race when claiming the US$2,000,000 Dubai Golden Shaheen (Gr.I), sponsored by Gulf News, over the straight 1,200 metres on the Nad Al Sheba dirt.

Saratoga County raced in fifth early with the Brazilian-bred race favourite Pico Central setting the pace, Saratoga started making progress from the half way point and taking the lead 200 metres from home, running on to a length win over Tropical Star, trained by Ali Rashid Al Raihe, with Godolphin's Botanical, under Frankie Dettori, in third.

Castellano said after the race, "I waited for the right time to move. I always had a lot of confidence in this race." Weaver, for who this was his biggest career win, said, "It doesn't get any better than this. It is a big, big feeling."

Royston French, who partnered Tropical Star to finish second said, "He ran really well. He's a real trier and that's half the battle."

Pico Central's jockey Alex Solis said, ""He didn't get a hold of the track. He kept switching leads and just wasn't himself today. Right at the quarter pole My Cousin Matt and the winner (Saratoga County) came in on me. It cost me a better place, but I couldn't win."​

♘امیرحسین♞

Roses in May

Roses in May, born on February 9, 2000, is an American thoroughbred racehorse bred by Margaux Farm in Midway, Kentucky and owned during his racing career by Ken and Sarah Ramsey.

Roses in May made 13 starts and won 8 of them, placing in four. He retired with career earnings of $5,490,187, much of this money coming from his win in the 2005 Dubai World Cup.

When he was four, he won the Grade I Whitney Handicap, the Grade II Kentucky Cup Classic Handicap, and the Grade III Cornhusker Breeders' Cup Handicap. He came second in that year's (2004) Grade I Breeders' Cup Classic to Horse of the Year, Ghostzapper.

At five years of age, after placing in the Grade I Donn Handicap, won by Saint Liam, Roses in May won the Dubai World Cup. Run at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, it is the world's richest horse race, offering (US$6,000,000) as a purse, and Roses in May was favoured to win in the 2,000 metre race. Trained by Dale Romans and ridden by jockey John Velazquez, Roses in May took the lead at the straight and won by three lengths.

The horse was the forty-third international winner at the 2005 Dubai International Racing Carnival. The carnival began on January 20, 2005 and concluded with the race for the Cup. In all, 200 horses and their trainers from twenty countries came to Dubai to compete for a total of US$25,000,000 in prize-money.

Roses in May was retired on August 19, 2005 when a tendon tear was discovered in his left foreleg. He now stands at Big Red Farm in Niikappu, Hokkaido, Japan at a stud fee of approximately $35,000.​

بالا