Jump team manager takes the reins - and wins

reza eslahi

Jump team manager takes the reins - and wins

February 21, 2011

Ireland's showjumping team manager Robert Splaine has proven he's up to the job by getting in the saddle and winning at the weekend.
148.jpg

Robert Splaine
Splaine made an unexpected appearance at the second leg of the HSI Chippison Spring Tour on Sunday and ended up winning the class on Sean Walsh's stallion Kimberlite.
The Co. Cork rider snatched the trophy at Cavan Equestrian Centre by a fifth of a second from Young Rider Gerard Clarke and Colorado in a 14-horse jump off that yielded eight double clear rounds.
"The owner was unable to come to Cavan to compete tonight, so I took his place, and ended up winning, which I must say was a real pleasure," Spaline said. "He's a beautiful horse, home-bred from my own stallion Coolcorron Cool Diamond."
Third place was taken by Meath's Mark Kinsella on Ozy Clover, one of five Irish-bred horses in the top six tonight. Sixty-six combinations took part.
The HSI Chippison Spring Tour is in association with TRI Equestrian and the Showjumpers Club and is supported by Showjumping Ireland, Darragh Equestrian Solutions, Comfort Zone and Jumpinaction.net.

Grand Prix Second Round HSI Chippison Spring Tour
1) Kimberlite (ISH); Robert Splaine Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 43.24
2) Colorado; Gerard Clarke (YR) Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 43.47
3) Ozy Clover (ISH); Mark Kinsella Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 45.60
4) Its Gold (ISH); Gerard O'Neill Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 46.52
5) Ben Mullier (ISH); Catherine Thornton Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 47.82
6) Touched Up (ISH); Tara Dunne Faults 0.00/0.00 Time 48.01​

بالا