Horse businesses a success through social media

reza eslahi

Two horse-related programmes that exclusively used social media to build a web presence have been nominated for the International Equestrian Social Media Awards.
216.jpg

Randi Thompson
Randi Thompson, the founder and chief executive of How To Market Your Horse Business and Horse and Rider Awareness, said it was her social media friends and fans who got the programmes voted into the top-ten list, earning a place in the finals.
Thompson said she was honoured by the unexpected nomination.
"To be recognised and supported by so many people has been a life-changing experience for me. I really did not know so many were paying attention to what I have been sharing on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Linked In."
"I think How to Market Your Horse Business might be the only nominee that used only social media to create a web presence.
"This started as an experiment to see if it was possible to create effective marketing without a website. How to Market Your Horse Business was launched in February 2010.
"Since then, it has been featured in national equestrian publications, podcasts and shared all over the internet.
"During that time, Horse and Rider Awareness took a back seat while I was promoting How to Market Your Horse Business. Instead of writing articles I decided to try another form of social media to reach out to more people. Video marketing. I started posting videos on Youtube, which I used for Facebook, Twitter and Linked in.
"Once again, the fans and followers liked what we were doing enough to nominate Horse and Rider for the Equestrian Media Awards. What an amazing experience this has been for me.
"In less than a year, by focusing on marketing through social media and internet marketing, these programmes have gone to a level that I would never have imagined.
"The best part about this is that the people who are our friends and fans are the ones who took us to the top!"
How to Market Your Horse Business and Horse and Rider Awareness are nominees for the International Equestrian Media Awards for categories:

• Best Youtube Channel
  • Best use of Facebook
  • Best use of Twitter
  • Most informative

بالا